If there was actually a blueprint to the success of any mortgage broker business (or any business), we'd suggest that we've and truly cracked the code. Based on the digital measures we introduced during the course of our former Growth program we consistently multiplied the size of businesses - routinely reaching targets that the'd previously considered unattainable. in fact, during the course of Growth not a single broker that partook in every component of our program - and of those that applied appropriate discipline to their post-settlement, relationship, digital, social, content generation, and other businesses programs - not a single broker grew their business saw growth less than about 500% (of course, we can't take credit for all growth since brokers that come to us are usually motivated by nature).
The one simple measure that was employed by businesses that returned entirely predicable and easily measurable success was the effect of their organic content creation strategy (this excludes Gravity programs, of course). When a business applied effort to their online voice every other effort was multiplied in significant ways; their Facebook programs were far more successful, the results of their relationship programs were multiplied, and the organic website traffic increased, at times, by thousands of daily views. So, while Yabber provides an amazing framework upon which your digital programs are built and measured (and it's the most capable digital marketing and software system ever made available to the mortgage market), it's the clear application of a focused content strategy that returned cold and previously unknown website traffic. So, despite Belief providing the easiest to use and most powerful Facebook marketing program in the country (we bring this up because this is where most broker minds gravitate when they think 'digital marketing'), it's the broader content and relationship programs that delivered better results (consistently over 400m per month at the time of writing... and that's not including Facebook).
As part of that content creation program there's one medium that outperformed any other: video. This article introduces why it's important to your business.
We want you to ignore all the competing messages in the market suggesting that relationship or content-based programs don't work... because they do work. Any paid digital marketing representation that suggest otherwise should be banished to marketing jail so that their weekend education can be deprogrammed from their professionally negligent brain - they're just wrong. The flawed messaging in what is meant to be the 'professional' marketing industry is incredibly frustrating.
Bottom line: you need to create video and other [lnk url="26171"]educational[/link] content.
We know the 'burden' of content creation is one that you don't want to carry and it's why Yabber does much of it for you, such as automated RBA emails and SMS messages, newsletters, articles submitted to your website, white-label and one-click document creation, through to libraries of social media content. In fact, not unlike the white-label lead magnet system, and more relevant to this article, we're currently trialing a feature to brand videos that'll be sent to you media library, social media accounts, and your website.
Despite our automation and white-label content, we advocate that you take a subjective take on finance that will set you apart; we want you to expose your positioning in the market, showcase your unique company culture, and share your personality. Remember, our Magic Lantern (trust) model of know, like, and trust, is escalated by way of demonstrated Expertise and Authoritativeness, and video will climb that ladder faster than any other medium.
Your Video Objectives
Your objective is clear: manufacture a full suite of videos necessary for education, broad marketing and social engagement. A longer term strategy should be focused on producing longer-form video series' and edutainment programs for true brain affinity, and to supplement and support shorter-term lead-generation techniques. You can obviously adopt any content strategy you like (including doing nothing)... we're just sharing the objective necessary to achieve better results.
We’ve always said that you’re an educator first and foremost, and video provides the platform to share this part of your vocational pursuit.
If video was an easy exercise every broker would be doing it. In choosing to use video you will be part of the 5% that recognises the need, and the top 1% of brokers that’ll be doing it properly.
Video is Essential
Our most successful brokers and financial advisers make regular videos. Despite video being an apparent ingredient for early success it’s estimated that less than 8% of all small businesses (and fewer than 5% of brokers) use YouTube or other video services as a marketing tool. Simply by making your first video you're engaging in a simple marketing tactic that 95% of your competitors have ignored.
Remember, video is a genuine business tool. It’s our vocational and professional responsibility to craft material to support our business and our clients.
The video process is one that never ends.
Video Marketing Statistics
In order to understand the growing trend towards video production as a marketing and sales asset, consider the following statistics:
- 81% of businesses use video as a marketing tool — up from 63% over the last year (Hubspot ). Sadly, less than 5% of brokerages use video for tactical advantage (BM, 2018).
- 6 out of 10 people would rather watch online videos than television (Google ).
- Mobile video consumption rises by 100% every year (Insivia ).
- By 2022, online videos will make up more than 82% of all consumer internet traffic - 15 times higher than it was in 2017 (Cisco ).
- 78% of people watch online videos every week, and 55% view online videos every day (Hubspot ).
- A Facebook executive predicted that their platform will be all video and no text by 2021 (Quartz ). A clear indication their executives are a little out-of-the-loop!
- YouTube is the third most popular website after Google and Facebook, and thus the second-largest search engine (Alexa ).
- Users view more than 1 billion hours of video each day on YouTube (YouTube ).
- 59% of executives say they would rather watch a video than read text (Wordstream ).
- 72% of customers would rather learn about a product or service by way of video (Hubspot ).
- People are 1.5 times more likely to watch video on their mobile phones (Facebook ).
- 92% of users watching video on mobile will share it with others (Wordstream ).
- Over 1 million minutes of video crossing the internet per second (Cisco ).
So, in understanding that there’s a trend towards video, how does this reflect on the saleability of video when compared against more traditional means?
- 65% of people use YouTube to help them solve a problem (Google ).
- Social media posts with video have 48% more views (Hubspot ).
- 90% of Twitter video views happen on a mobile device (Twitter ).
- Over 2.3 billion people use YouTube. That’s over one-third of the internet (YouTube ).
- 62% of people said they were more interested in a product after seeing it in a Facebook Story (Marketing Land ).
- Facebook has over 8 billion video views per day (TechCrunch ).
- 2.80 billion monthly active users use Facebook. It also has 1.84 billion users that are visiting the social networking site on a daily basis.
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and image content combined (G2Crowd ).
- This is an interesting one for reasons we’ll discuss elsewhere: 81% of businesses prefer to use Facebook for their video marketing (Google ).
- One billion hours of YouTube videos are watched every day (YouTube ).
- 90 percent of people say they discover new brands or products on YouTube(YouTube ).
Now we know more of the useless statistics, what effect will it have on business?
- Videos attract 300% more traffic and help to nurture leads (MarketingSherpa ).
- A website is 53 times more likely to reach the front page of Google if it includes video (Insivia ).
- Including a video on your landing page can boost your conversion rate by up to 80% (Unbounce ).
- Nearly 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store (Hubspot ).
- Video increases organic search traffic on a website by 157% (Conversion XL ).
- 85% of consumers want to see more video content from brands (Hubspot ).
- 65% of executives have gone to the marketer’s site and 39% have called them on the phone after watching a marketing video (Forbes ).
- 97% of marketers say video has helped users gain a better understanding of their products and services (Hubspot ).
- 52% of marketers say video is the type of content with the best ROI (Hubspot ).
- Adding video to your emails can increase click rates by 300% (Hubspot ).
- 50% of viewers aged 18-34 said they would stop what they were doing to watch a video from their favourite creator (Google ).
- On average, people spend 2.6x more time on pages with video than without (Wistia ).
- 64% of consumers estimated to make up 82% of internet traffic (Cisco ).
- YouTube video enjoys in excess of over five billion views every day (Google ).
The key takeaways from the statistics as far as we’re concerned – at least initially – are the following:
- 65% of people use YouTube to help them solve a problem.
- Social media posts with video have 48% more views.
- Videos attract 300% more traffic and help to nurture leads.
- A website is 53 times more likely to reach the front page of Google if it includes video.
- Including a video on your landing page can boost your conversion rate by up to 80%.
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and image content combined.
- Video increases organic search traffic on a website by 157%.
- Adding video to your emails can increase click rates by 300%.
- On average, people spend 2.6x more time on pages with video than without.
Since we’re in statistics mode, let’s consider a few more numbers:
- Before reading any text, 60% of site visitors will watch a video if available. (Diode Digital)
- One minute of video is worth 1.8 million words. (Forrester Research)
- 56% of consumers believe if a company has a website, it should have video content. (Animoto)
- The Average user spends 16 minutes and 49 seconds a month watching online video ads. (ComScore)
- 80% of consumers say a video showing how a product or service works is important when learning about the company. (Animoto)
- YouTube has become the 2nd largest search engine – bigger than Bing, Yahoo, Ask, and AOL combined (Etail Insights). Search engine optimisation also includes optimising your videos for search visibility.
- Video search results have a 41% higher click-through than plain text results. (Animoto)
- 50% of marketers consider customer testimonials, explainer tutorial videos, and demonstration videos the most effective types of video content used. (Asend2)
- 4 out of 5 consumers say demo videos are helpful. (Animoto)
- Your website is 50 times more likely to appear on the first page of a search engines results page if it includes video. (Forrester Research)
- Online video accounts for 75% of mobile traffic.
- 63% on consumers say companies who use video know how to reach their consumers. (Animoto)
- People stay 2 minutes longer on your site if you have video content. (ComScore)
Overall, our brains process video content 60,000 times faster than reading text (PsychologyToday). The online attention span of a user is short... and thanks to mediocre modern-day journalism and social media the population now processes information in 280-character blocks. Our attention span isn’t what it once was, and the population is slowly acclimatising itself to watching content rather than reading it.
The online world has changed.
Video is necessary.
How Yabber Supports Your Video Marketing
Since video is so vital, we support the mechanisms necessary to quickly and easily implement your agile video programs. Consider the very limited set of Yabber's video features:
- Automatic one-click creation of landing pages and campaigns with video (a select menu shows your available videos).
- Full YouTube module. Includes chapters, playlists, video orders, upload, management, and so on. Includes a module where our Inference API (AI) will change your banner and playlists based on trending website traffic or manually set to change based on calendar events. Supports YouTube advertising (in test). Videos are optimised for SEO in markup and on in-page markup. The platform includes all your video in an archived with full statistical data (subscribers, views, playlists etc.).
- Full Wistia video module. Supports video view triggers, video chapters, midrolls, branding, turnstile features, call-to-actions, and sharing. All leads via the turnstile feature inherit standard form automation schedules. All videos are managed on Yabber in real-time. Hourly video statistics apply. The website features includes a module to change your featured videos, video panels (of three videos), and video (interest-based) escalation cycles.
- As new videos are ingested in Yabber, they're available to be sent to your website at the click of a button into a 'video archive'. You may optionally set automation. Videos shown in the archive include live statistical data.
- Our social media Instagratify module enables the upload of video to YouTube, Wistia, Titter, Facebook (pages and groups), Google My Business, and other social media platforms (LinkedIn video is currently pending an application approval at the time of writing).
- the website we provide you includes various video blocks (created by us, and fully integrated with Yabber) for easy page creation. They include Wistia modules, YouTube modules, and multi-video panels. Because the website is connected to Yabber you won't have to copy and paste code - we provide a simple select menu to render the appropriate video. Other blocks are in active development.
- Full video SEO markup for all videos on your website. This markup is applied to videos that are automated sent and for those that are embedded into your website via blocks.
- To support video SEO, a full matrix of videos (and links) are created on Yabber to determine the real effectiveness of having certain videos on various pages. The statistics that are generated provide clear evidence of what videos perform better than others. We provide a feature to add a video to the beginning or end of your post (as we do with subscription forms).
- Yabber's BeLearn is progressively being introduced to more content that will help you develop your video skills as it applies to high-converting finance video content.
- A large number of general video features applies, such as shortcodes to include LinkedIn, Facebook, and other videos into general website post content. A Yabber module is currently in trial that will take white-label content that we've created and brand it with your logo, website address, and other details. This white-label video branding module will be particularly useful should we see the demand for 'turnkey' webinars (ironically, we expect to hold a webinar to ask what brokers would be looking for in webinar content).
We have large number of video modules in development, so the list above should be considered incomplete.
It's unlikely you'll want or need the full suite of video tools that Yabber makes available. However, if you're looking for a feature it's likely the system already supports it. We're taking great care in ensuring that we continue to build on video modules because we know that the format works tremendously well in the finance (and every other) industry.
Hopefully we've managed to impress the importance of video marketing to your business upon you. The trend towards video is growing yet the uptake in many industries (including finance) is increasing at a dismal and disproportional rate (due in part to the mixed messages provided by clueless 'marketers'), so those that do choose to integrate video into their marketing plan, and immerse themselves in a consistent content strategy, will see results.
Managing a content strategy (as part of your marketing plan - do you have one?) can be challenging. We've seen a lot of people that do silly things like use a printed piece of paper or a spreadsheet (perfectly acceptable, really, if you keep to the schedule) but the method doesn't provide tactile feedback on your efforts. We've created a unique system that shows you exactly how much content you have created, how much you have published, what social efforts have taken place, and how the aggregated data speaks of your digital efforts. You'll see visually and in real-time the efforts you have made, and the direct results derived from those efforts.
We record video data in detail so you're able to monitor the video component of your content creation. Further, we record data such as subscribers to channels, comment counts, video views, and measure that against the general performance of your marketing funnels so you're fully appraised of changes that may need to be made. In fact, Belief is the only company in the industry that has created an Inference API that provides an artificial intelligence oversight that identities trends and behaviours, then acts upon that data. We're able to do this because our system is truly integrated. While you'll hear nonsensical claims of 'AI' in the marketplace, this is simply not possible if a fractionalised system is put in place, and any type of machine learning certainly doesn't come close to providing any kinds of realistic data if something as simple - yet as vital - as your website is ignored. The industry claims of AI are usually nothing more than a cheap sales pitch.
You really can't have a true marketing funnel without good educational video content. You've read the stats, you've heard me rant on about it, and hopefully it's now clear that video is the kindle that'll keep your funnel on fire. Certainly, features such as video triggers within a funnel are an important feature, but actually communicating your targeted message is far more important, and it'll have far more of effect than any kind of ridiculous sales copy. So, do you want to transform your marketing funnel? Video is your answer.
As we'll describe in our article on your First Video, it's extremely easy to do. You're carrying around a TV studio in your pocket that's capable of live-streaming, or recording HD content you can share with a hungry world in seconds - this is technology that any business would have drooled over just a short time ago, yet the normalisation of the tech has seemingly polluted the value of the marketing tool. Remember, the most valuable marketing asset your business has is you, and video is a means to showcase yourself to stand out in a crowd that isn't taking the same initiative.