National Australia Bank, 66 Murray Street, Gawler, South Australia, c1890. The Branch of the National Bank opened in Gawler on 5th December 1859 in premises adjacent to the Prince Albert Hotel. It was rented from proprietor John McEwen. In 1861 new premises were rented in Murray Street next to the Globe (now Kingsford) Hotel, and then National Bank moved its offices in Wilcox Buildings from 1868 or 1869 on the corner of Jacob Street. Pictured is a gentleman by the name of R. Robilliard (in doorway). E.H. Coombe occupied a shop and dwelling next to or near the National Bank . He was the occupier and not the owner, from around 1885 until at least 1891.