The theatre went through three more sets of owners in the 1940’s and finally leased to Greater Union who named it Odeon.
Closing came in 1959 with the last double bill being “Carry On Nurse” and “Broth Of A Boy”. The building was used as a furniture store until 1969 when it was partially demolished to make way for a KFC. A northern slither of the old building remains as a shopfront.
Photos were taken on 12th June 1948. The Masonic Hall to the north still stands in original condition (a number of other buildings remain largely intact).